Trade-In System is found via “Manage Inventory” option in the Garage sub-menu. From there, select the items to trade in and confirm.
- For every 5 "Uncommon" items that are traded in, 1 random "Rare" item is drawn in exchange.
- For every 5 "Rare" items that are traded in, 1 random "Very Rare" item is drawn in exchange. For every 5 "Rare" items from the same Crate series that are traded in, 1 random "Very Rare" from that Crate series is drawn in exchange.
- For every 5 "Very Rare" items from the same Crate series that are traded in, 1 random "Import" from that Crate series is drawn in exchange. As of August 4 2017, "Very Rare" items not from Crates can be traded in, the player can receive a painted variant of a Common vehicle or rocket boost specified as "Import".
- For every 5 "Import" items from the same Crate series that are traded in, 1 random "Exotic" from that Crate series is drawn in exchange. For 5 painted "Import" items not from Crates that are traded in, the player can receive a painted variant of a Common wheel specified as ""Exotic".
- "Exotic" items cannot be traded in as "Black Market" items are a separate collection.
Player-to-Player Item Trading
For example on Steam, you need to be friends with the person you wish to trade with. After that one can invite (main menu: "Create Party" button) the player to join their party inside the game.
Multiple items can be traded in any combination — 5 hats for 5 wheels? 8 Antennas for one Boost? That's entirely up to the mutual agreement between the trading parties.
- Common items, Premium DLC items, and certain Limited items such as Competitive rewards cannot be traded – they are bound to the account.
- Currently, items can be swapped only with other players on the same platform.
- Currently, Xbox One players can trade Keys; as of the 2018 Fall Update
Some popular websites where can browse and search items other players [H]ave and [W]ant.
- Rocket League Garage - Trading - rocket-league.com
- Rocket League Trading at Steam Community
- Rocket League Exchange! at Reddit
Trading Best Practices
Crates, Keys, and other in-game items may only be traded for other in-game items, Crates, or Keys. Trading outside of the game (For money or other goods) puts you at risk of scams and other illegal activity and is against the EULA and Terms of Service
Remember that without proper precautions taken, there is a chance that a legitimate player-to-player trade ends up badly for one of the sides, and here's where we'd like to give a little helping hand with a few pointers on trading best practices. As they say, prevention is the best cure:
- Pay close attention to the items that you are being offered. Highlight each of them individually, so that you know that you're being offered what was agreed upon.
- If your trade partner offers more items than what was agreed upon, that's a red flag! Nobody would want to end up on a losing side of a trade, so there should be no reason for them to do so! Always make sure the items you were originally offered are still there and were not removed.
- When possible try to trade with people you know.
- Getting a 3rd person involved can also be a red flag. If building trust is the argument invoked, then play a few more games with that person, do some "warm-up" trades with less valuable items, get to know them a bit better, before engaging in trading with the more valuable ones. Remember, there will always be someone wanting what you have to offer and vice-versa, there is no point in rushing things by getting a middleman involved.
Remember! It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that a trade is fair and equitable before accepting the trade. Psyonix's support team cannot intervene in trades.