- See also: Octane ZSR
The Octane is a vehicle body released on July 7, 2015, along with the game release. It originally appeared in the Rocket League precursor Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. The Octane is classified as "Common" rarity.
The Octane is one of the three bodies already unlocked at the beginning of the game, and is the default body selected when a player plays for the first time or creates a new preset in the garage.
It has remained the most popular body in the game since Rocket League's release. It is by far the most popular with high ranked players and the most used by champion players during the Rocket League Championship Series.
Octane can be equipped with the following decals:
Very Rare - Esports Shop
Note: The Octane can also be equipped with any universal decal.
These variants are categorized as "Import" rarity.
- In January of 2015, during the Beta, Octane was given a visual upgrade. Its hitbox and handling were not affected.
- Octane was released on July 7, 2015 along with the commercial release of Rocket League.
- On August 3, 2017, painted variants of Octane were made available in the trade-in system. These variants are categorized as Import rarity. Unlike the default Octane, painted variants can be traded.
- Octane was also a default car in SARPBC, the prequel to Rocket League.
- Octane is the first car to be released as a 1:64 scale Hot Wheels car in December 2018. The first car was released as blue with an orange variant came later in 2019. Since 2020, there is also a Red and Blue one.
- Titanium White Octane is currently the most expensive battle-car in the trading industry.
- The name for Octane in the Rocket League Alpha version was "Pepe."