The Leveling System is the independent progression system in which players earn XP (Experience Points) at the end of a completed match and is displayed in the lower left-hand corner of the HUD (Heads-up Display). Players can earn new titles at different milestone levels.
Level Progression 2.0
XP, Levels and Online Matches
The previous progression system topped at level 75 with the coveted ‘Rocketeer’ Title attached, with each level requiring significantly more XP (and time) to earn than the last. The new progression system removed the level cap and flattens the amount of XP you need to progress between levels.
How does your current XP and level translate over in the new progression system? Every player who has earned XP in Rocket League will have that XP automatically converted over to the new system once it’s live later this summer (Note: We are still finalizing the conversion logic, so we don't have any additional details to offer there. However, post-conversion, you will still place "at or above" your current level at the time the conversion takes place).
As part of the new system, XP can only be earned while playing Online Matches as Offline Matches will no longer award XP. We’re making this change to ensure that no player can "game the system" to earn levels, titles, and other unlocks without putting in the same time and effort that everyone else does.
Every time you level-up in the new system, you’ll also earn a random item of "Uncommon" quality or better. This replaces the existing 'random drop' system that we're using currently, and it makes earning these items more consistent and predictable. Of course, you’ll still be able to trade up these free rewards for rarer content like Painted Car Bodies and Boosts.
Level-based Titles will be unlocked at specific thresholds, and most of the old XP Titles will be converted to this new system. You won’t lose access to existing titles like “Rocketeer” or “Legend” if you’ve already reached those milestones. And we’re adding brand new Titles and Player Banners beyond Level 100 to recognize and reward players for their time investment.
Item Slots and Common Items
We’re also changing up how Common items are unlocked on your account. In the current system, you earn one Common unlock for every match you play until you’ve unlocked everything. In the new system, you’ll unlock all of the Common items for a particular slot instantly when you reach enough matches played. For example, you will unlock every Common Topper after 15 matches.
This change won’t affect anyone who has already unlocked all of the Common items, and again, you won’t lose access to anything you already have.
New Experience Mechanics
The new XP updates also bring new bonuses that help you level up faster, including but not limited to:
- Match Completion - Earn bonus XP for finishing matches and not quitting early
- Consecutive Matches - Earn bonus 200 XP for staying in the same Casual lobby for multiple matches
- Backfill - Earn bonus XP if you are matched into a game-in-progress in Casual and then complete it
- Weekly Wins - For your first 21 wins per week (3 wins per day), you’ll earn an extra 2500 XP
- Will crate drops be a part of the Level Up Rewards?
No, crates will continue to drop in the same way they currently do.
- I've been capped at level 75 for quite some time now - do all those matches get factored into my new level at the time of conversion?
Yes. Since online matches are part of the consideration for what level you’ll be converted to, players with tons of matches played online after reaching level 75 will convert to a higher level than players who’ve only recently reached 75.
- How do Weekly Wins work?
- Each day, 3 Weekly Wins are added to your available bonuses. The time which they are added varies.
- There is no way to check how many Weekly Wins bonuses you have available.
- When you win a match and have Weekly Win bonuses available, you receive 2500 XP, which can be increased by Rocket Pass multipliers and by Double XP weekends.
- Available Weekly Win bonuses are capped at 21. When your available Weekly Win bonuses reaches 21, no more are added each day.
- Available Weekly Win bonuses do not expire. Once your available Weekly Win bonuses reaches 21, it says at 21 until you win a match, at which time it decreases by 1.
- If you win 3 matches every day, the maximum number of Weekly Win bonuses you can receive each day is 3.
- If you do not win any matches for 7 days, the maximum number of Weekly Win bonuses you can receive in a single day is 21.
- The maximum Weekly Wins XP possible is 147,000. 2500 * 21 * 2.8 (+100% from Double XP weekend, +80% from Premium Rocket Pass Tier 65).
- Main article: Title
Level Titles, or XP Titles, can be earned in both online and offline play and across every game mode. However, playing online games gives twice as much experience than offline games, so it is easier to unlock XP rewards.
Titles are claimed when a player hits the required level checkpoint. The checkpoints are at every twenty levels until level 100, and then you get a title every hundred levels. Starting at level 20, you need exactly 20000 XP points to level up. The rate does not rise exponentially.
|Title||Unlock Level||Total XP required|
Disclaimer: The titles shown above only indicate the amount of time played by a certain account and do not necessarily correlate with the player's actual skill level.
Old Level Titles
|Rookie||1 - 9||0 - 17750|
|Semi-Pro||10 - 19||23500 - 151750|
|Pro||20 - 29||177250 - 550750|
|Veteran||30 - 39||611000 - 1364750|
|Expert||40 - 49||1474750 - 2743750|
|Master||50 - 59||2918500 - 4837750|
|Legend||60 - 73||5092250 - 9256000|
|Rocketeer||74 - 75||9647500 - 10462750|