The leveling system is the independent progression system in which players earn XP (Experience Points) at the end of a completed match and is displayed in the lower left-hand corner of the main menu. Players can earn new titles and avatar borders at different milestone levels.
Level Progression 2.0
As part of the Summer Roadmap 2018 announcement, the new XP, Levels, and Online Matches system were implemented later in 2018 and changes were made to the level progression system.
XP, Levels and Online Matches
The previous progression system topped at level 75 with the "Rocketeer" title, with each level requiring significantly more XP to earn than the last. The new progression system removed the level cap and changed the exponential levelling system to a linear levelling system of 20,000xp per level.
Every player who has earned XP in Rocket League had their XP automatically converted over to the new system. As part of the new system, XP could no longer be earned from offline matches, only online matches, in order to prevent unfairness.
With the 2.0 system, level-based titles are unlocked at specific thresholds, and most of the old XP Titles were converted to the new system. Players who had already earned XP titles did not lose them when their XP was reset. New titles and player banners were added beyond Level 100.
New Experience Mechanics
The 2.0 progression system introduced the following additional ways to earn XP:
- Match Completion - Earn bonus XP for finishing matches and not quitting early
- Consecutive Matches - Earn bonus 200 XP for staying in the same Casual lobby for multiple matches
- Backfill - Earn bonus XP if you are matched into a game-in-progress in Casual and then complete it
- Weekly Wins - For your first 21 wins per week (3 wins per day), you’ll earn an extra 2500 XP
- Will crate drops be a part of the Level Up Rewards?
No, crates will continue to drop in the same way they currently do.
- I've been capped at level 75 for quite some time now - do all those matches get factored into my new level at the time of conversion?
Yes. Since online matches are part of the consideration for what level you’ll be converted to, players with tons of matches played online after reaching level 75 will convert to a higher level than players who’ve only recently reached 75.
- How do Weekly Wins work?
- Each day, 3 Weekly Wins are added to your available bonuses. The time which they are added varies.
- There is no way to check how many Weekly Wins bonuses you have available.
- When you win a match and have Weekly Win bonuses available, you receive 2500 XP, which can be increased by Rocket Pass multipliers and by Double XP weekends.
- Available Weekly Win bonuses are capped at 21. When your available Weekly Win bonuses reaches 21, no more are added each day.
- Available Weekly Win bonuses do not expire. Once your available Weekly Win bonuses reaches 21, it says at 21 until you win a match, at which time it decreases by 1.
- If you win 3 matches every day, the maximum number of Weekly Win bonuses you can receive each day is 3.
- If you do not win any matches for 7 days, the maximum number of Weekly Win bonuses you can receive in a single day is 21.
- The maximum Weekly Wins XP possible is 147,000. 2500 * 21 * 2.8 (+100% from Double XP weekend, +80% from Premium Rocket Pass Tier 65).
- Main article: Title
Level titles, given from XP, can be unlocked in online and offline play and across all game modes, with the exception of private matches. However, playing online games gives twice as much experience than offline games.
Before Patch v1.08 (November 9, 2015), players' titles were automatically determined by their XP level. Titles could not be customized or hidden. After Patch v1.08, players were given the option to hide their XP titles or swap them with other titles by going to the new "Title" tab in the garage.
With the Level Progression 2.0 update, the level titles were revised. Numerous additional titles were implemented and the level maximum at 75 was removed.
Titles are claimed when a player reaches the required level. The checkpoints are at every twenty levels until level 100, and then you get a title every next hundred levels. The last level title, "Rocket Demigod," is reached at level 1000. Starting at level 20, you need 20000 XP points to level up. The requirement does not rise exponentially from there.
|Title||Unlock Level||Total XP required|
|Legendary Nemesis (Was Supersonic Legend prior to Patch v1.81)||700||13790000|
Disclaimer: The titles shown above only indicate the amount of time played by a certain account and do not necessarily correlate with the player's actual skill level.
Old Level Titles
|Rookie||1 - 9||0 - 17750|
|Semi-Pro||10 - 19||23500 - 151750|
|Pro||20 - 29||177250 - 550750|
|Veteran||30 - 39||611000 - 1364750|
|Expert||40 - 49||1474750 - 2743750|
|Master||50 - 59||2918500 - 4837750|
|Legend||60 - 73||5092250 - 9256000|
|Rocketeer||74 - 75||9647500 - 10462750|