- Gridiron is 4-on-4.
- The standard Rocket League ball has been replaced with an American football.
- Touching the ball attaches it to the roof of your car. In Spike Rush, the ball would attach to wherever your car made contact, but in Gridiron it will always attach on your roof.
- If any player touches the ball, that player becomes the ball carrier, setting up the opportunity for hand-offs to teammates or steals by the other team.
- The carrier can single jump, but double jumping drops the ball. You can also pass the ball by dodging or flipping.
- Each goal is 3 or 7 points: 7 points are awarded if the ball is attached to a player when entering the opponent's goal, and 3 points are awarded if the ball is passed in or if the ball is loose. All own-goals are worth 3 points, whether the ball is attached or loose.
- Stay in bounds! You'll fumble the ball if you cross the line marked on the Arena wall.
Other event game modes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.